*** Please note- A textbook and pocket mask is required for this course. If you do not own one, you must purchase a texbook, ebook or rental when registering for this class. UVES will ship the book upon your request, you can pick it up during normal business hours M-F 830 - 430, or the book will be brought with the instructor to the class.
This course meets the requirements for both initial and renewal certifications.
NEW - Updated with 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR & ECC.
100% classroom training means students are with an AHA instructor for their entire learning experience.
The BLS Course trains Healthcare Providers to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED.
In the Instructor-led course, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.Audience
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
• High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
• The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
• Use of an AED
• Effective ventilations using a barrier device
• Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
• Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
Initial Provider Course requires approximately 4 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing.
Renewal Course requires approximately 4 hours, including skills practice and skills testing.
- • Updated science and education from the new 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
• Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
• Emphasis on high-quality CPR including a team dynamics classroom activity
• Video-based course with real world scenarios
Course Completion Card
American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers Course Completion Card is valid for two years.
In the classroom, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.
Certification insurance is a one time fee for the 2 years your card is valid. If you lose your card you can call in and have your card reprinted and mailed out to you right away without having to order one and wait for payment to be processed.